I’ve been putting this post off because the thought of thinking up 11 facts, questions, answers, and bloggers seemed like such a daunting task. It turned out to be pretty fun though! I’ve been wanting to do some kind of silly ‘getting to know you’ thing anyway. But, geez I’ve never written so much for a blog post!
Foods for the Soul was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award. I love her blog and she seems super sweet. Plus, her photos are lovely! I’m passing on the award to 11 bloggers that I’m happy to have found. (Some of them I just found while putting together this post!) Here are the rules:
Share 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
Ask 11 questions of your own.
Nominate 11 bloggers.
*Note: The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Here we go! Facts About ME:
- I was on Trading Spaces Family with my mom, dad and sister when I was a Junior in high school. It was fun!
- I haven’t visited a hair salon in maybe 4 years. I started doing my own hair when I transferred to a college out of state and didn’t like any of the salons on campus. I’ve thought about going to one as a treat, but it’s been so long I feel kind of weird about it now! Plus I’ve saved a lot of money!
- I’m afraid of birds. I’ve had many embarrassing and public, (but minor!) bird freak-outs.
- Totally the opposite of Foods for the Soul’s fourth fact – I HATE peanut butter. I think it’s the only food I really hate. The smell and the texture has always made me gag…I don’t mind peanuts or peanut butter cookies though!
- There is one episode of Gilmore Girls that I know I haven’t seen. Even though I’ve heard it’s a good one (the 100th episode) I’m hesitant to watch it because then I’ll never get to watch a ‘new’ episode again. I mean, I have every season on DVD, I could watch it whenever! Bitter sweet.
- The summer before my eighth grade year I had all of my wisdom teeth removed, plus 4 other permanent teeth. My mouth couldn’t hold all of my teeth! I almost cried when I found out I had to get an IV!
- I have super secret, and awesome, names picked out for my future pets. Of course, I can never tell you them until I actually have a pet of my own…
- I learned to talk with a southern accent. It didn’t last long because we left the south when I was 5 or 6, but sometimes it slips out randomly!
- I dream of owning a butcher shop/deli someday. But I also dream of doing many other things as well…
- Taking another cue from Foods for the Soul’s facts, I spent my 22nd birthday alone in Paris. I was on a fellowship that paid for me to be in Europe for the summer. It was a little sad to be alone, but I saved my trip to the Eiffel Tower and my first macarons for that day, so I can’t complain!
- I still wear a t-shirt that I got from getting to participate in the Kansas City science fair in 6th grade. Proud moments.
Answers to Foods For the Soul’s Questions:
- What flavor was your birthday cake this past year? I had my first Mike’s Pastry cannoli on my actual birthday. When I went home a few weeks later I got my very favorite Berry Chantilly from Whole Foods.
- Where was the last place you flew in an airplane? Kansas City to meet up with family right before Christmas.
- How often do you go to the grocery store? A lot…We live right across the street from a Whole Foods so we run over there when we need something. I go to the ‘regular’ grocery store and/or Trader Joe’s usually once a week.
- What’s your favorite quote? I don’t know! I think I’m going to go with the first song lyric that popped into my head: ‘you can say that I’m the one curly fry in the box of the regular…’ Too Much Food by Jazon Mraz.
- What would you most likely be found doing at 5 pm on a weekday? Probably cooking dinner or sitting on the train. (sitting in front of some sort of screen either way!)
- How many countries have you visited? 6
- Are you right- or left-handed? Right.
- What did you have for breakfast this morning? A cold pancake…
- What was the last live performance you saw? Haha Towards the end of the summer a bunch of Microsoft Store employees kept telling us to walk up the street for a free Lenny Kravitz performance and more importantly, free food. We strolled in, scooped up all the food we could and then sat for a song or two. (Going to see the Book of Mormon in a few months!)
- If you had a garden, what would you plant? Can trees count?? I would love to have citrus and avocado trees!
- Why did you start blogging? I’ve tried to start several blogs over the years, but none of them felt fun enough or ‘me’ enough, so I didn’t keep up with them. I was also super self-conscious about what I was writing, what people would think, and especially what would happen if people I know in real life found my blog!? I’ve gotten over that, which is why I think I’m enjoying this blog so much. I love getting to know people through their blogs and comments from all over the world. That is the #1 reason why I love blogging!
- What is your favorite/go-to item in your wardrobe?
- If you could be on any reality show, which one would it be?
- Have you ever had braces?
- What was the first CD/cassette you ever purchased?
- What drink do you order at a restaurant?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- If you could change your name to anything what would you choose?
- Do you now or did you ever play on any sports teams?
- If you formed a band what would your name be and what kind of music would you play?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- Do you subscribe to any magazines?
WOW! You made it to the end! I couldn’t do a picture-less post no matter how long it made this!